Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 25L desktop gaming PC

I have been using the HP OMEN 25L desktop gaming PC for the last month, and it has been working fine. However, since yesterday, the fan has been making a weird noise while playing a Traffic rider hack racing game. What could be the issue? Should I contact customer support or take it to a repair shop?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @charlotte2121 

Welcome to the HP Forum.

Can you ID the fan making the weird noise? It could be high RPMs or the fan bearing is failing.

I would contact HP Support if the PC is in warranty. Contact a local PC Tech otherwise.

Replacing a fan is not very difficult if you are interested in saving some money.

I build PCs but don't often work on HP PCs. So you would have to measure the fan to see what you have. HP typically uses 80 mm, 92, mm, or 120 mm fans.

Replacing a Fan:

Disconnect the fan power cable from the MB header. Remove the fan screws securing the fan to the case or CPU heatsink.

Install the new fan using the screws previously removed. Reconnect the fan power cable to the MB header.

You would want an airflow case fan but buy a static pressure CPU fan.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.