Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-xf0000 (758R1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, I have a problem with my laptop that is showing that the cooling fan is not working. Also, the USB connecting portal is not working properly. When I connect my hard disc, the connection is not showing on both portals.Sometimes the screen is also blinking white in seconds.

HP OMEN RYZEN 7000 SERIES

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Niru8,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The issues you're experiencing with your HP Omen Ryzen 7000 series laptop—cooling fan not working, USB ports malfunctioning, and screen flickering—can be quite disruptive. Here’s a breakdown of potential solutions for each problem:

1. Cooling Fan Not Working

• Check for Dust: Dust accumulation can prevent the fan from spinning properly. Use compressed air to blow out any dust from the fan and ventilation slots.
  • Software Update: Ensure your system's BIOS and drivers are up to date. HP often releases updates that can fix hardware issues.
  • Diagnostic Tool: HP provides a hardware diagnostic tool that you can use to check the fan. Access it by hitting F2 as the computer starts up.

2. USB Ports Not Functioning

• Driver Update: Make sure that your USB drivers are up to date. You can do this through the Device Manager or HP's support site.
  • Power Management Settings: In Device Manager, under USB Root Hub properties, uncheck the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
  • Hardware Troubleshooter: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter for hardware issues. Access it through the Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.

3. Screen Flickering

• Display Drivers: Update your graphics card drivers. You can find the latest drivers on the HP support website or through the graphics card manufacturer's site.
  • Refresh Rate: Check the screen refresh rate settings. Go to Display Settings > Advanced Display Settings and make sure it's set to the recommended value.
  • External Factors: If the flickering occurs only when using certain applications or under specific conditions, it might be software-related or due to external factors like lighting.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.