Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop PC TG02-1000i (6V9R9AV)

HELLO, I NEED HELP TO IDENTIFY THE PSU MODEL COMPATIBLE WITH THE RENOR2 MOTHERBOARD TO GO FROM RTX 4060 TO RTX 4070; THANK YOU

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TRUDINO , welcome to the Community.

The motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary. It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector. You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.  HP has a 500W PSU that should be compatible with your motherboard.  Contact HP Customer Support to see if they sell them in your country.  It may be a different part number.

I don't believe that 500W will be enough to power a RTX 4070 properly.  According to nVidia's specifications it requires a PSU of a minimum of 650W.  HP has their components made to work with one another.  Therefore, not all of them are the same as a retail version.  This is why the RTX 4060 that came with your computer works with less power.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.