Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 45L Gaming Desktop PC GT22-1000i (6C1R9AV)

Hi, 

For all you people how are experiencing issues like XMP - bitlocker recovery - reboot on powering on - cmos recovery - game freeze ect. (Omen 45L – 4090)

I have spent a lot of time looking in to this and this is how I fixed it.

The unit was delivered with 64gb ram running on 4000 mhz so I turned in xmp and this is where the problems started.

So I finally removed 2 ram units and the system seemed to boot up normally now, the I figured it must be a bad memory unit so I bought a new one (my system was still under warranty but HP told me that the only way to fix it would be to send the pc to a repair center !! – on asking to buy one, they answered the same thing.. So I asked an invoice on hp spear parts but they don’t seem to have the memory ?! great support HP ! had to buy a hp part from ebay)

Anyway when the new unit arrived I installed all 4 again but still I was having problems.

On further investigation I noticed that if you install 2 memory’s on bank 1 and 3 cpu-z puts it at a default of 4000mhz and if you slot it in 2 and 4 it detects it at 4200mhz. (it seems HP is dectecting for hp genuine memory on slot 1)

Testing test same memory  in slot 1-3 with xmp1 5200mhz the problems started again ..

Putting them in 2 and 4  with xmp1 5200mhz the problems stopped, booting instantly, no more cmos recovery and rebooting on powering on for 2 or 3 times.

Then stared to benchmark with 3Dmark I noticed that timespy extreme was failing on the second loop of test2 (directx 12) also cyberpunk 2077 (dx12) froze after some time. This also without xmp.

So I searched the internet on fix and found out that adding this worked perfectly

Create a new registry key in Windows (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers)→ TdrLevel = 0   (REG_Dword)

System works like a charm now! (on 32gb using slot 2 and 4 on xmp1 5200Mhz)

P.s. also omen GAMING pc does not charge a Gaming headset (astro a50) with a docking station on power off !! 🙂 they said in the next bios update they will add it ... (I wish they would remove there BIOS shell and that we be able to flash a normal AMI bios on this system so all features are available to us )

The next gaming pc will not be HP anymore.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.