Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop PC TG02-0000a (4H509AV)

Hi, I change "TPM Device" in bios from "Available" to "Hidden" and now the computer won't boot. How can I change it back to "Available"?

Computer name: Victus by HP 15L Gaming PC.

Mother board: Erica8

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @EricaM8 

I would think HP sets TPM on at the factory.

You should be able to reset the BIOS to factory settings by resetting CMOS.

Shut down the PC. Disconnect from AC power.

Depress and hold down the power button a couple of times to drain residual MB power.

Remove the CR2032 MB battery to reset CMOS. Let the PC sit for a few minutes.

Reinstall the CR2032 MB battery.

Let the Forum know how it goes.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you! it works!

Another issue:

After Press [Y] to reset "issue with Trusted Platform Module (TPM) data". Computer sometimes won't boot up the first time when press power button: Screen went dark, I have to force shutdown by press + hold power button, then power on again. Repeat the process 3,4 time, got  lucky, computer booting up. How do I fix the problem? I want computer booting up with first press the power button? Don't have to repeat forced shutdown / power-on until it finally boot up.

Computer: HP Victus 15L Gaming Desktop  .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.