Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ec2000 (2P6B3AV)

I have a hp pavelion gaming 15 laptop ec2xxxx with ryzen 5 5600h nvidia gtx 1650 .I am getting an BSOD of video_dxgkrnl_fatal error and then the system is restarted and in the device manager the nvidia 1650 driver doesnt showup ,but when i show the hidden devices it shows nvidia 1650 and gets the device description as Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45) To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @PAVIT0512 

Welcome to the HP Forum.

What Display Adapter is listed in Device Manager?

Try right clicking on the Nvidia 1650 adapter if it is there but disabled. Try to enable this device if possible. You may only see the Microsoft Basic Video Adapter listed in Display Adapters.

It sounds like a hardware problem if you have recent Nvidia drivers installed for the 1650.

Try enabling the 1650 in Hidden Devices.

Normally a device will disappear from Control Panel if it fails. Neither the BIOS nor Windows can detect a failed device.

I don't why the 1650 is listed in Hidden Devices? Never had this problem with a display adapter so I never had to troubleshoot it.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.