Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-b1000 (4Z7T3AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello everyone,

I have recently purchase the computer linked to my post.
When I have tried to play quite demanding games it crashes quite quickly after the launching. 

It occurred with : Elden Ring / Dark souls 3 / New World / Warzone 2.
At the begging I thought that maybe it was a compatibility issue between those and my computer but after contacting the support today, I ,without paying attention, launch a new test when my computer was unplugged and everything worked fine !

So I am asking myself what could lead to this situation ? 
I know that when on "battery mode" game are downgraded but even when I downgrade the graphic myself they still crash. 

I am highly suspecting a mistake either in the alimentation configuration or in the construction. 

Do you have any idea of what could cause that ? 
In order to solve this situation, I have :

• Update every driver.
  • Reset my computer : to factory parameters (2 times), by keeping my files
  • Contact the games support, they could not help me
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

On the event log it is logged as :

"Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power 41"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.