Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ek1000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop started having issues reading it was plugged in. And since I could not find a replacement adapter on here, I have gone through 3 cords now I believe. One only lasted for 5 days, and the current one was doing well, till the other day. Moved it from my living room to my bedroom, (which I have done multiple times before) and noticed the light wasn't on indicating it was plugged in. Got it working again in a few moments, but then the very next day it was doing it again. I currently have it in a position that it is good in. But I'm scared to move it for fear it stops reading it's plugged in again. Though going to my friend's for a bit soon, and need my laptop there, so very likely it'll do it there. I just have no clue why it's doing this, it was working just fine, till that cord crap started. Now it has a small bit of trouble running things, and it has started doing the cord thing again as well. I just want my custom built for VR laptop to work good again...someone please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Sonicfan928,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

This issue might require one on one interaction over the phone to fix it.

I've sent you a private message with the steps to talk to HP Support. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Take care and have a great day ahead! 

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.