Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi all,

just wondering when i click on the sender config utility and under "authentication" i see options for SSO/easy/normal

if i click on SSO and on the reciever i see the option to sign in using SSO but nothing happens, i imagine i need to set this up?

thanks,

rob

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @robertwild,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Product. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To assist better:

• May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

If you are trying to use SSO with Remote Boost, you need to enable it on the sender side.  You mention Windows 10 so I will point you that way.  In Program Files/HP/Remote Graphic Sender, there is a tool called SenderConfigApp.exe.  Launch that app.  On the Authentication tab, you can change to the form of authentication you would like on the sender.  After making the change, make sure to click the Save button, and then say yes to restarting the sender service to have the change take effect.

KellyRGS_0-1708552687231.png

Just a little more info on using SSO from the Remote Boost User Guide

Single Sign-on
With Single Sign-on, the second (System) authentication is skipped. When connecting, the user will be
prompted for user name a password. Upon verification, the user will be connected directly to the sender’s
desktop.
NOTE: Single Sign-on does not support smart card or ActivKey authentication.
NOTE: If you lock the desktop, you might see an additional user account named HP ZCentral Remote Boost
SSO. Do not use this account to log in. Use your normal user account

Hope this helps.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Kelly,

thanks for this, on the sender config app i did click on the radio button use SSO and click save

using a reciever to connect to the sender, the windows login page i do see the additional user to login as SSO but when i click it, i see the hp z central logo instead of the users name and user/password boxes but other than that i cant log in ie when i click on the logo nothing happens, just wondering if theres more configuration i need to do to get the SSO to work

HP Recommended

Don't use the ZCentral SSO account for logging in.  Use the normal username and password.  When using SSO, you would start the connection and provide the username and password at the start of the connection, if the sender sees that is a valid username and password, you should be brought directly into the sender's desktop.  SSO skips the second authentication step at the lock screen.

If you lock the desktop, you might see an additional user account named HP ZCentral Remote Boost
SSO. Do not use this account to log in. Use your normal user account.

What version of Remote Boost do you have installed on sender and receiver?

What OS are you using on your receiver?

Kelly

I am an HP employee.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I'm using version 2020 for sender and receiver and sender receiver are windows 10

So if you have to type in your username and password for SSO on the windows login page, What's the point of the SSO, I thought you would just click on the SSO and it would let you in straight away?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response, but would like to have the actual version.  You can find this on the receiver very easily by clicking the lower case i in the receiver when you have launched it.

KellyRGS_0-1708633232970.png

KellyRGS_1-1708633257017.png

On the sender side, couple of ways to find it, but the easiest would be to open the control panel, Programs and Features, look for HP ZCentral Remote Boost Sender.

KellyRGS_2-1708633383821.png

When you have SSO enabled on the sender, and you start your connection from the receiver, you should be prompted to enter your normal username and password.  If that authentication is verified by the sender, you should just be brought directly into the sender's desktop.  SSO skips the second authentication step.  If that is not happening, I need to look at your rg.log file from the sender.  I would prefer not to see that on the forum, so will have Private Messaging on the forum enabled for you.  Once I see that, I will reach out in a PM, and have you send me the log file for review.

Kelly

I am an HP employee.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

ohhh i see, i get you Kelly now

when you connect via the reciever to the sender you get the hp login box for that sender and then you have to login again via the windows login screen, SSO does away with the latter

HP Recommended

You should only have to provide your username and password at the beginning of the connection.  One the sender has verified the credentials provided are correct, you should not have to authenticate again, but be brought right into the sender's desktop when using SSO. Now if you have a timeout set to lock your screen, that is when you would see the ZCentral SSO user and you don't want to use that to log in with, just your normal username and password.  

If you want to skip the first authentication, I would recommend using Easy Login instead.  You would only be prompted to log in only at the sender's lock screen and then you would be brought into the sender's desktop.  We also support smart card and kerberos for authentication methods.  See authentication section in the attached user guide, starting at page 48.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

your right Kelly, we do have a group policy  for locking the screenafter 10 min and thats when we see the SSO under the windows login screen and even if you do click it nothing happens, you have to login wither your username and password

so easy login, does that work the same as SSO ie only need to authenticate once

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.