Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I accidentally put in wrong ip address when setting up and now I can't access it.  I need to know how to factory reset it so I can get it set up right.  I've searched multiple messages and sites and what they suggest doesn't work or it's super top secret.  Please help

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

See the thread here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/How-do-I-cold-reset-a-Laserjet-Pro-M203dw/td-p/61556...

NVRAM Initialization

• With the device off, depress and hold the [Go] button.
  • Power on the device and hold [GO] button for 20 seconds. When the ready led turns on, release the [GO] button.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

Which one of these is the go button?Which one of these is the go button?

HP Recommended

Anybody???  This must be a high level, top secret procedure, :LaughingTears:

HP Recommended

It is the [power] button

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

Thanks Alex-TATS, I followed the procedure above without any success though.

HP Recommended

I would try the button with the black outline of a piece of paper next.  This is likely a "resume" button which could be interpereted as Go.  You can try the cancel button (red x) too and it shouldnt harm anything.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.