Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaseJet Pro MFP M130nw
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

WIFI printing from apple iPad is OK, But it won’t print from any program of Microsoft Office 2007, from adobe reader it is printing correctly, also it s printing test pages like network summary. Also I switch user on my computer which I created on the begining, but never use, and print job is correct from Word and Excel. I switch back to my original user and the problem persist, printer does not print from Word and Excel and Outlook. I also install HP Print and Scan Doctor and the result is everything OK, and printer print correct Test Page. HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @ZoranZh - Greetings! 

Thanks for reaching out! I'm here to help 🙂

I see that you are facing issues while printing the Microsoft Office documents. It looks like a permission issue with the drivers. 

Can you try and open and print the file as an administrator?

You should be able to open the MS Office applications in the administrator mode. That is an option available in all the Windows OS versions.

Do not try to open a particular file, Instead, open the MS Word / MS Excel application as administrator. Right-click on the MS Word application and choose to run as administrator.

Also, let's try this which have helped few customers:

• Press the "Windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type %temp% and press ok.
  • Note what the full path is  (in my case, it was "C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Temp")
  • Go up one level in the directory tree
  • Right-click on the temp directory (in my case, "C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local"), and select "Properties"
  • Go to the Security tab, and select "Users" from the group or user names
  • Click "Edit"
  • Select Users, then check the box by "Full Control"
  • Click "Apply"
  • You may get a whole bunch of error messages about inheritance, just hold down the Enter key until they all go away.
  • Click "Cancel" a couple of times to dismiss the properties boxes
  • Go forth and print from any application and check.

If the issue persists, try the step below to perform a clean install:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer, if present.
  • Go to Control Panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control Panel – Devices and Printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now, click HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw to download and install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
  • Restart the PC and check.

Let me know how that goes!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello, @ZoranZh - Greetings! 

Thanks for reaching out! I'm here to help 🙂

I see that you are facing issues while printing the Microsoft Office documents. It looks like a permission issue with the drivers. 

Can you try and open and print the file as an administrator?

You should be able to open the MS Office applications in the administrator mode. That is an option available in all the Windows OS versions.

Do not try to open a particular file, Instead, open the MS Word / MS Excel application as administrator. Right-click on the MS Word application and choose to run as administrator.

Also, let's try this which have helped few customers:

• Press the "Windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type %temp% and press ok.
  • Note what the full path is  (in my case, it was "C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Temp")
  • Go up one level in the directory tree
  • Right-click on the temp directory (in my case, "C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local"), and select "Properties"
  • Go to the Security tab, and select "Users" from the group or user names
  • Click "Edit"
  • Select Users, then check the box by "Full Control"
  • Click "Apply"
  • You may get a whole bunch of error messages about inheritance, just hold down the Enter key until they all go away.
  • Click "Cancel" a couple of times to dismiss the properties boxes
  • Go forth and print from any application and check.

If the issue persists, try the step below to perform a clean install:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer, if present.
  • Go to Control Panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control Panel – Devices and Printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now, click HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw to download and install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
  • Restart the PC and check.

Let me know how that goes!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks very much Dvortex. The problem is solved but probably i create new one trying to do something allone. I receive printer for my 67 birthday on 16.112017 from my daughters and their family (I am a senior), and that day we installed it and everything was working. 15 days after I update a lot of Windows updates and probably my problem start then.  Before I do your suggestion I tried something allone. Click start and left click on properties. There is TAB Shortcut and advanced but coudn’t click run as administrator (dimmed), than I click compatibility TAB and check run this program in compatibility mode for = Windows XP (service pack2) and changed to Windows7 and put back later. I made mistake? Than click security TAB and made user full control manually. After that I’ve made everything as you wrote. Now when I click on my important Excel shortcut (even if I click on the original file) A window appear *user account control - Do you want to allow following program to make changes to this computer- and after clicking YES  a second window appears * there was a problem sending the command to the program* and after clicking OK  the blank sheet is opened. Then i open recent file as I need and it is opened and than I can PRINT normally. The same is with Word. When I click to Outlook appears window for permission and after OK  it is opened normally and could print normally. How to avoid windows for permission and to open file or their shortcut with ussual double click. Once, thanks very much for Your help.

HP Recommended

Hello, @ZoranZh

Glad to know that the issue is resolved 🙂

Please try the steps listed here to try and fix the Office applications asking for permission while opening:

1) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-printer-connection-and-printing-problems-in-windows-...

2) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/printing-and-print-preview-1c15515c-98b5-4421-baa9-68b7a8...  

Hope that helps!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank You a lot, but still problem is partially solved. I’ve done everything mentioned in the links and now Outllok start OK even if I click shortcut and I can print Emails OK. But Word and Excel start as applications OK and than I choose some file and it is opened and I can PRINT it. But when I click shortcut of file or even file alone the problem is the same. I’ve made Office repair but I receive message * Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 didn’t complete successfully. After that Outllok became OK. I start event viewer and in the system log there are a lot of errors and last one is* The Peer Name Resolution Protocol service terminated with the following error. %% 2140993535. Finally I didn’t find where and what is Information Rights Management on my system windows 7. Sorry I’m bothering You and I’ll appriciate if You have another sugestion. Thanks

HP Recommended

My Post dissapear, I’ll right again. I’ve done everything that You suggested and now Outlook is OK and I can print from it. Word and Excel start as applications OK and than if If I choose some file it is oppened and can print. But when I click on shortcut, or even on the file allone the problem is the same. I’ve made repair Office and I receive on the and message * Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 didn’t complete successfully. After that Outlook became OK, but Word and Excel stil dont work.I start event viewer and in system log there are a lot off errors and the last is * The Peer Name Resolution Protocol service terminated with the following error. %% 2140993535. Finally I didn’t find what and where is Information Right Management. Sorry I’m bothering You, but hope You will have another Suggestions.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @ZoranZh,

I have reviewed the post. Thanks for the reply. As you @Dvortex is out of the office, I am relying on his behalf. As a lot of troubleshooting has been done and some of the issues persist, I request you to contact HP phone support for them to take control of your computer and have an interaction with you which should help as they will be able to assist you in real time.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Thanks and have a great day.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ii don’t know how but when I start windows the problem no longer persist. Shotcut to Word and Excel or their files are normally opened and I can Print them. 

Thanks for Your help very much

HP Recommended

Hi @ZoranZh.

Thanks for the super quick reply. Great to know it is working now.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead and contact us for support anytime and we are always there to assist you. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.