Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Laserjet M4777 full installation drivers (135MB) will not install HP Scan or the HP CLJM477 Scan Driver.  I need the scan application to install but it will not show up on desktop or under C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477\bin

File Name: HP_Color_LJ_Pro_MFP_M477-PCL-6_Print_Driver_16124.exe

Any insight on how I can get that installed would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi JJEvans,

The issue at hand is that when you attach the printer to the network Windows 10 will find the M477 and install a print driver for the before you can even run the software installer. If the driver that windows installs is on the system before the installer runs it seems to cause a problem and may not install the full software.

Here is what we've seen help in the past.

1. Run the M477 installer - it should prompt you to uninstall - go ahead and run the uninstall. The uninstall will likely force a restart of Windows.
  2. Once Windows restarts go to the Devices and Printers folder and remove the M477 print queue, this is the queue Windows automatically installed, it won’t be removed by the uninstaller.
  3. Without rebooting, but after removing the print queue, run our installer and it should install the full software.

I hope this helps

Best regards

I am an HP employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Good afternoon

In this case the installation has to be done manually since the application is not compatible with windows 10

You need to delete all the printers you have with no use

Also delete the drivers

All that has to be done with the printer disconnected.

Then reconnect the printer

Then look for the drivers on the add a printer wizard from windows.

Then you need to get the application from the MS Store called HP Scan And Capture.

Then you can select the scanner and start to use it

Though I work for HP, My posts express My opinion, and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

Yes did all that. But the HP Scan application has more features than the one that is offerred throught Microsoft Apps. I would prefer to use the HP Application. Please someone at HP come up a sound solution. TIA

HP Recommended

Hi, I have same problem on two computers in my company, others are OK.......Have you any functional solutions??? Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

(Please review MatthewT message below)

I am an HP Employee. My posts express MY opinion, and not those of HP
HP Recommended

Hi JJEvans,

The issue at hand is that when you attach the printer to the network Windows 10 will find the M477 and install a print driver for the before you can even run the software installer. If the driver that windows installs is on the system before the installer runs it seems to cause a problem and may not install the full software.

Here is what we've seen help in the past.

1. Run the M477 installer - it should prompt you to uninstall - go ahead and run the uninstall. The uninstall will likely force a restart of Windows.
  2. Once Windows restarts go to the Devices and Printers folder and remove the M477 print queue, this is the queue Windows automatically installed, it won’t be removed by the uninstaller.
  3. Without rebooting, but after removing the print queue, run our installer and it should install the full software.

I hope this helps

Best regards

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi there,

Can you make sure the full installation package you downloaded is the one under Windows 10 OS in the “Select your products operating system” dropdown list?  if you are using something downloaded for Windows 7, you may have to redownload the software package for Windows 10  (although the file might sharing the same title).

`````````````````````````````
I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
HP Recommended

if you happen to have your OS upgrade to Window 10, but still using the software package which downloaded for previous window 7,   you might need to check and revisit HP.com, under Supporting OS, and picking Windows 10 from download list and download the software package for Window 10 (although the files sharing the same title, but they are different).

Please check whether that helps. 

`````````````````````````````
I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
HP Recommended

Mathew. Nice Job. That is what worked. I had to remove what you are calling a queue in Device Mangager  under Printers. I just removed all that was under that catagory. 

HP Recommended

It worked. This are steps what I did:

- Uninstall

- Do not reboot

- Install - this time, it only installs drivers

- Reboot

- Install the software again, go through all the steps as if you install for the first time.

HP should fix this bug... this happens to too many people already!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.