Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet 1020
Chrome OS

Can this printer be connected to a chrome os laptop or an Android device with Bluetooth? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

No, Laserjet 1020 doesn't support Bluetooth connection, USB only to laptop.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.

When I connected it to USB on my android phone and chromebook after giving the print command it stops at the print spooler stage and does not go forward 

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the hp printer software plug in and even tried clearing the cache in the spooler but it still doesn't work. 

What could be wrong? 

HP Recommended

If you are using USB OTG cable that will not work. LJ 1020 doesn't support printing with OTG cable on Android devices. LJ1020 is a way too old model of printer to be used on modern devices.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I was able to print using the usb otg cable but for some reason it stopped after a few tasks.

I connected the usb cable to a usb c adapter and that was connected to my phone and it did work for some time. 

the adobe app on my phone recognised the printer as well through the hp plugin app

HP Recommended

The LJ1020 is on the list of HP printers that can not use OTG cable with Android devices. Recognising printer doesn't mean it's supported but if you say that you printed with Android device on LJ 1020 then official HP list might be wrong.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.