Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP laserjet1320
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Each time I send a job to printer, no matter from what device and through cable or wifi and no matter the the number of pages and no matter the paper brand or type, printer will pause and orange light will flash before printing each page.

Printer will resume printing once the orange button is pushed. Then printer will pause before the next page or document in queue and oragne light will flash.  Printer will resume printing once the orange button is pushed. And so on.  Every time.

Paper feed is normal and never jams.

Printer has not been serviced in years, if ever, except to have ink replaced and paper added.

How do I stop this from occuring?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi SKBK,

It sounds as if your print driver is set to manual feed, which causes the printer to wait for the Go button to be pressed to start each print job. Check your driver settings with regards to paper feed. In addition the setting could be on the printer itself. The easiest way to check the printer settings is to print a configuration page from the Reports menu and then look for the Manual Feed setting, it should show either On or Off. If Manual feed is set to On you can change it from the printers control panel or you can use the printers Embedded Web Server (EWS)/Toolbox. Makes sure to check both the driver and the printer settings, one of them is likely set to Manual Feed.

Best regards,

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

i checked Paper options on Printer Configuration page and Manual Feed is set to OFF.

I am having trouble with "Check your driver settings with regards to paper feed", not sure how to find this.

On a Mac running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

HP Recommended

Hi SKBK,

Try this:

1. Open one of the applications you are having the issue printing from
  2. Open a file to print
  3. Choose File Print
  4. In the Print dialog with the up/down arrow to make selections between printer settings, like, Layout, Color Matching, Paper Handling, Paper Feed, etc.
  5. Choose Paper Feed from the list
  6. Make sure the "All Pages from"  and all other options are Auto Select or at least a tray that does not say " Tray X manual feed"

Hopefully that corrects the issue.

Best regards

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Not it.

Heres a screen capture, those settings already set that way, not the solution.

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 5.48.26 PM.png

HP Recommended

FYI found the same settings from multiple software "Print" dialogs.

HP Recommended

Hey all I still don't have a solution to this issue, if anyone can shed light on this I sure would appreciate it.

Every page, from any device from any software still sends the printer into pause mode, orange light flashing, push the green button and it goes wihtout problem, then back to pause and flashing orange light, push the green button and it goes without problem, and so on, every page, all the time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.