Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 2622

Hello. Recently got a new router so I need to connect printer. I do not know my printer IP address. Can I do a factory reset on my printer so I can start from

scratch?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow 'Connect a printer that does not have a touchscreen control panel >> Step 2: Connect the printer with the HP Smart app' below to reset the wireless settings and then reconfigure the wireless connection for your new router:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05987925

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you but your suggestion will not work. Printer does not come up in app. Reset router and printer. Printer shows in my wifi on phone but can not connect. I would like to delete and start over!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you see an HP-Setup network within the nearby wireless networks?

What router do you have? The printer only supports a 2.4GHz wireless and there are dual-band routers today, ensure you are connected to the 2.4GHz wifi network, and that your router have a unique SSID for each wireless band.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

@JaccBalle 

I saw your other post. Please use the following instructions to fix:

http://www8.hp.com/au/en/campaigns/wireless-printing-center/reconfiguring-system-help3.html

Please also note: Your printer only supports 2.4GHz therefore you need to check and allow your router to broadcast both (dual) bands which are 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.