Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-13-2017 03:29 AM
I got my HP DeskJet 3635 and it used to connected to our WiFi without problems, But now it no longer connects.
Everytime I try to convert a USB connected device to Wireless (Tried both automatic password from my PC and typed passwords myself), It says it can't connect :
Issue: The network name (SSID) you entered manually could not be found. Solution: Check that your wireless router is powered on. When manually entering your network name (SSID), make sure you enter it exactly including upper and lower case letters and any spaces. ============================================================================================
I've searched the whole internet and tried the following :
-Reinstall the software (From both CD which is lost and Web Download)
-Restart the router
-Turn the printer on or off
And when I go to the Printer's Embed Web Server via Hotspot and tried to connect wifi from there, It request some password and username, If anyone can give me ways to reset EWS Username and Password - I would be very thankful of you.
06-14-2017 10:20 AM
Hello, @BarnMTB – Hope you are well 🙂
Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!
I understand that you are facing issues while connecting the printer via wireless network. Let’s start by performing a network power drain as suggested below:
- Turn off all the devices connected on your network including the PC, Smartphones, printer, modem (if present) and router. Make sure all the devices in the network are turned off / unplugged.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Now turn on the modem if present. Wait till all the lights are steady and idle.
- Then turn on the router. Again wait for a couple of minutes so that the lights are all steady.
- Then turn on the printer and other devices.
Now, follow the steps below to install the printer over the network:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Deskjet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
- Now click http://hp.care/2s39gqS to install the software.
Double-click the driver file with HP Easy Start in the name in the browser downloads bar or in the Downloads folder to start the installation.
When prompted to select your printer, click My Printer Is Not Shown.
A Printer Not Found screen displays.
Click Continue, and then select Wireless network (if applicable).
Click Continue, and then follow the on-screen prompts to set up your printer on a wireless network.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!
Good luck 🙂
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee
04-10-2018 02:48 PM
This has not helped for me at all. I have the HP Deskjet 3755 and it will not connect to the wireless network.
I keep getting the following:
"Issue: The network name (SSID) you entered manually could not be found.
Solution: Check that your wireless router is powered on. When manually entering your network name (SSID), make sure you enter it exactly including upper and lower case letters and any spaces."
The software automatically enters my SSID and password for me, so why is it telling me that I manually entered it when I didn't? I went ahead and tried manually entering it the second time but still the same issue.
I have tried two different routers, which each work perfectly with all my other devices, and it keeps giving me this error! I did exactly as these instructions said, but I downloaded the software for my printer (3700 series) instead of the other one mentioned.
08-24-2019 11:11 AM
!!Fixed - HP printer The network name (SSID) you entered manually could not be found. !!!!!
My scenario, My HP Deskjet 3630 worked fine with my previous router. I changed my router it was giving the above error. It was because of some admin setting in the HP printer preventing. For some reason it was caching my previous "wifi router" admin password.
1. Connect to wi-fi direct and launch embedded web server https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01123173
2. Go to wireless set-up wizard
3. It will redirect to secured(https) and will prompt for credentials
4. Enter your previous wifi - router admin credentials - This is important. You need to know the previous wifi router admin password.
5. Then it will list which wifi to connect, select and enter password
6. After successful wifi connection , disconnect wifi direct and test.
Let me know if this does not work.