Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 2630 Series
iOS

When using the HP Smart app on iOS (all software etc is up to date) it has no option to print in colour, only black and white.

it works fine on the Windows 10 HP Smart App so not a problem with the printer, it’s only an issue when using iPhone to print documents 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Penddraig

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Uninstall and reinstall the HP Smart App from App Store. 

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty,

Thanks for your response, I had already deleted and reinstalled the app to see if that solved the problem but it didn’t but I will try it again now and see

HP Recommended

Sure, do keep us posted 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sure, do keep us posted 🙂

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still not fixed

HP Recommended

Try adding the Printer using this: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1946968-1947068-16

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Printer was already added and had already tried printing using both methods and using both methods there is no option to print in colour

HP Recommended

What is the iOS version installed? Please do update it to the latest.

Does it happen with all documents that you try printing from your iOS device?

Have you tried AirPrint option to print?

Root level uninstall : please delete from /Users/Username/Library/Application Support/HP Smart. Then delete HP Smart from the Applications folder and reinstall from the Mac App Store

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried it with numerous file types, PDFs, Word, Pages, Photos

As I stated in my previous reply, I have tried it both ways, using AirPrint and the HP Smart app and it is the same for both, no colour option.

This is an iOS device not a MacOS device so don’t have access to the root level, that advice is for MacOS.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.