Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello, I have Windows 10 a.30end HP Envy 64.  I cannot open my HP app all that I get is the first  blue page.  I tried downloading the app again and also pushed the reset button but nothing has happened.  I should be grateful if you could help me.  I am not very conversant with computers.  Thanks Ingrid

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @ivan20191,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing trouble with the HP app on your HP Envy laptop. Let's try a few steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Restart your computer: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve software glitches. Restart your computer and try opening the HP app again.

Check for Windows Updates: Make sure your Windows 10 operating system is up-to-date. Sometimes outdated software can cause compatibility issues with applications. To check for updates, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and then click on "Check for updates."

Run the HP App Troubleshooter: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter for apps. You can use it to diagnose and fix problems with the HP app. Here's how to run it:

• Type "Troubleshoot settings" in the Windows search bar and press Enter.
  • Scroll down and select "Additional troubleshooters."
  • Under "Get up and running," select "Windows Store Apps" and click on "Run the troubleshooter."
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Check for HP App Updates: If there are updates available for the HP app, it's possible that installing them could resolve the issue. Open the Microsoft Store, click on the three dots (...) next to your profile picture, and then select "Downloads and updates." Check if there are any updates available for the HP app and install them if necessary.

Reinstall the HP App: If none of the above steps work, try uninstalling the HP app completely and then reinstalling it. Here's how:

• Right-click on the Start button and select "Apps and Features."
  • Scroll down and find the HP app in the list of installed apps.
  • Click on the HP app and select "Uninstall."
  • Once uninstalled, go to the Microsoft Store and search for the HP app. Download and install it again.

Hopefully, one of these steps helps you get the HP app working again. Let me know if you need further assistance!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Alden4 & HP Support,

I tried all of the options mentioned in your solution, however, none have fixed my issue. The app opens, asked me to Accept/Reject then crashes.

TIA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.