Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

When using HP ePrint Home&biz app to send print task from droid razr to hp color Laser jet 2605dn the printed page is just filled in black. The same black page is seen for all document types (pdf, word, excel, photo). Note that by the Print button, the check symbol has a error symbol (yellow triangle with ! in the middle) , but no explanation.

31 REPLIES 31
HP Recommended
I have the same problem. Printing from samsung note 10.1 with ePrint H&b app on LJ2605dn results in black pages. Pls advice...
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  I have a ColorLaserJet 2840 in my home office and when I first installed the app it printed great, but now it shows on the screen fine, but prints entire page black (wastes a LOT of toner!).  It works fine with my other printer at the office, which is newer, but I find it strange that it worked with this one and now doesn't.  Need an answer please!

HP Recommended

Recently performed the Print software update for the Android on a Motorola Razr, but still the same results when printing; all black printout on the HP Laser 2605dn.

HP Recommended

FYI HP: I updated my HP ePrint app to version 2.1.1 yesterday.  I still get only a black page printing to my Color Laserjet 2605dn.  I would appreciate some acknowledgement from HP support that you are aware of this issue.  This has gone on an embarrassing length of time.

HP Recommended

That's a very strange issue. Have you tried the other HP print app, the "HP Printer Control" app? I'm just curious if it duplicates the same issue.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I have not tried the HP Control app.  I do know that, since this app updates quite frequently, I do go ahead and retry it every now and again when I wish to print to my HP Color LaserJet 2840 and it still does the same things (as of this weekend it did still and I got two full pages of black toner).  The 2840 is not an ePrint printer, but it is on my home network and it did used to work so it should still (or at least you would assume so).  Does this HP Control app work in that same fashion or ony with ePrint enabled printers?

HP Recommended

The Printer Control app works mostly with printers that do not have ePrint functionality, so it's worth a shot. It should just be able to detect the printer as long as they are both on the same network.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I installed HP Control app. The app finds both my HP Color Laser Jet 2605dn and Photosmart C5100 seies printer. When selecting either printer the app response is "Not Supportee printer not supported by the app".

HP Recommended

Well, I have installed that app and as soon as I get back to my home network then I will try it out with that printer.  It did find my shop office printer (but that is a new printer and that works with the other app as well).  I will reply back once I can try it on my home office network.  Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.