Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600

My immediate problem is that my printer will not print after installing new HP ink cartridges. It had been working fine, and I had a low color and black ink supply, so I replaced all of them.

The bigger problem is that we cannot reach, talk, email, or instant message anyone remotely connected to HP.

They have a shield up consisiting of a wall of 40 areas, depts, or products, followed by a re-direct to sub contracted sales or repair companies that pop up when you try to click on some areas for help.

It is very difficult to get actual help from HP directly.  Sales and marketing and promoting.  It makes no sense to have a high class image and name and not stand behind your product with service, information, or assistance.

It makes people go to another brand name in the future.  I have  an HP4215 printer/ an HP 4180printer, and an Officejet PRO 8600 wireless printer, an HP Pavilion CPU and an HP laptop.  But for the life of me, I cannot reach anyone over there to tell me how to fix or troubleshoot the products.  And tryng to find a local repair place for printers? Not happening.

So MY question is, either  A) How do I get an HP rep to contact me about my problems,  or B) how do I get the most money back for my HP products when I jump to another brand that has customer service?

Thank you.

R. Adams

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Arley2u ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Arley2u ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

George;

thank you for your response.  I did in fact talk with a rep, and we could not resolve the issue of the printer.

It appears that I'll need a new printhead carriage assembly.  My main concern though is how very difficult it is to enter into the HP world of product search and info.  An overload of information makes it an effort to look for what may or may not be the area one needs.  And when I did get to the parts area, I had no success in looking up the part I needed.

George, I put in the serial number, the product name, and even took the part out, and inserted the upc or serial no on the side of it.  HP did not locate the part and did not identify it.  That's a problem George.  

I am literate enough to look for parts and ask questions. I need to be able to get answers and HP can make life easier for those with a vested interest in the product. ( 2 computers, and 3 printeres, all HP).  Nuff said on that.

It took me quite a bit to reach human contact, but now that I have, I was able to be directed to the correct area and hopefully I will hear back from Mary of TKO,  and HP partner?  and obtain the part I will need.

Thanks again.  Until next time, best regards

R. Adams

HP Recommended

I have not been able to contact support, except I see responses here. I was going to buy a new computer from this company, but not without technical support available. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.