Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp r014tx
OS X
A continous crackling sound is coming from my laptop even when i am not using speakers the sound is somewat like some sparkling is going below keyboard please helpppp my hp model no. Is hp r014tx....
thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP 15-r014tx Notebook PC and issues with the sound crackling or making strange noises. Here is a document on troubleshooting sound.

Please make sure your updates have been done on the Notebook. In the device manager under sound right click and update the driver. Here is another step to try.

1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.
2. Click Playback Devices.
3. Click Speakers/Headphones.
4. Click Properties.
5. Click the Advanced tab on the Properties window.
6. Change the Default Format drop-down to the highest quality.
7. Apply the properties.
8. Click OK to close the properties window.
9. Click OK to close the Playback Devices.

Hope this helps you resolve the sound.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Not working the sound is from the area were harddisk is located a crackling sound (Kit kit kit kit ) continously irrespective of mute or when in speaker on.
HP Recommended

Hey @abhinav11 ,

I recommend to restore the BIOS defaults.You could restore the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have the same problem too. But would it help, if I restored my bios? Is my laptop going to be working properly after? Also, how do I go back to the previous bios version? 

HP Recommended

Hi,

had the problem resolved by setting the bios.

HP Recommended

I have bought a brand new HP Laptop and i m observice a kit kit kit noise at hard disk side. can somebody from HP suggest what can i do. it is a continuous sound and very irritating.  Please help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.