Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Could somone please advise on how I can go about asking HP to fix this? Through no fault of my own I have installed the latest BIOS that appears to have caused an issue with the sound card. My laptop is now not working as it once was or as it should be. This is totally unfair and unacceptable. HP need to take responsibility for this issue and must resolve it accordingly. This issue must be affecting all users who have had the misfortune to have updated their notebook'S BIOS to ver F.29?

HP Recommended

I recommend that you contact HP. I and others here are volunteers and this is not a business unit of HP. 

I can ask to have your issue escalated  to expedite your contact with HP. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi @Dagk ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Thank you George! I will look out for the email from HP. Many thanks.

HP Recommended
Could you kindly have them contact me as well? I'd love to get this worked out.

Thank you.
HP Recommended

I called HP and got them to help me even though the laptop is out of warranty. He had me downgrade the Bios using this link:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5225018&swItemId=ob_119361_1&swEnvOid=405...

I ran this. Then shut down, hit ESC and went into System Diagnostics (F2) and then rolled back the bios. We have three of these laptops, two were rolled back to F.26 and one to F.27 but it seems to have corrected the problem after numerous reboots. Also by calling HP, I was told this was made a a known issue to HP. Good luck.

HP Recommended

The simplest slution for me was just running the F.27 bios update. It downgraded the bios from F.29 to F.27, no problems.

Here's the link.

CQ58 Notebook PC and HP 655 

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

VERSION:

F.27

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64501-65000/sp6467

I still can't believe that HP refusest to fix this s**t. FACEPALM

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.