Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fa0000 (680A2AV)

I am having a problem with my HP Victus gaming laptop turning on, I recently spilled water on it and now whenever I press the power button, the power indication light turns on for a couple of secs, and turns off, I really need help, Victus by HP gaming laptop 15-fa0031dx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The most likely problem is that the water shorted something out inside the laptop, so none of the components now are guaranteed to work properly.  As mentioned, the only way to check it out is to pay to have it disassembled and checked.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The water most likely shorted something inside and the only way to find and fix that is to take it to a local laptop repair shop and pay them a LOT to have it disassembled and examined.

HP Recommended

Thank you, but I do have another problem, yesterday morning, it actually turned on, so I was happy and all but as soon as I plugged in the charger, it turned off immediately, and when I tried to turn it back on, it didn’t, why did the charger shut off the laptop? 

HP Recommended

The most likely problem is that the water shorted something out inside the laptop, so none of the components now are guaranteed to work properly.  As mentioned, the only way to check it out is to pay to have it disassembled and checked.

HP Recommended

Will do, thank you for helping me 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.