Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
14-fq1021nr notebook. 14-f1000 (2L1B0AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys, I bought that laptop recently and added an extra 8G of ram, I noticed there is a space for adding 2.5 drive and there is a connector as well. The problem is that HP manuals do not list what part you need to use there. Is really important for me to add a second drive as unfortunately, I will need to install Linux on that drive for work stuff.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-14-inch-laptop-pc-14-f1000/2100372086/model/2100...

Your help is greatly appreciated.

IMG_20210815_111844.jpg

ON the lower left corner you can see the connector is white with a black piece that locks the flex cable in place.

IMG_20210815_111829.jpg

Parts numbers.

IMG_20210815_111825.jpg

More Parts numbers. I did try to google them but no luck.

IMG_20210815_111821.jpg

IMG_20210815_111816.jpg

This is the entire space where the 2.5 drive fits. Please help guys is really important for me to get that second drive up and running.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, since HP did not offer any 2.5" drives in that model series, no part numbers were provided for adding a 2.5" drive.

See chapter 1 of the service manual.  Only M.2 drives were offered.

HP 14-f0000 Laptop PC series Manuals | HP® Customer Support

I checked the manual for the 15-fq model series and HP only offered M.2 drives in that model series as well.

It would be impossible for any of us to determine what drive connector would work.

It is even possible the SATA port is disabled since no 2.5" drives were offered.

Here is a service manual for a different model HP 14 notebook that did offer 2.5" drives.

The shape of the drive cable shown in chapter 3, page 21 'looks' like it might work in your model but there is no way to tell for sure.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion x360 14 Convertible PC

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.