Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 570-p064

To Whom it may concern.

I'm hoping there is a simple fix for this long question. I own an HP Pav. Desktop 570-p064.  I installed an additional matching Ram 8GB card, I only have 2 slots. I also upgraded to a i5-7400 processor. Each of these changes were made with authorized HP parts, with the manual. My computer works great. Here's my problem, when I go to Task Manager to looking at performance, it shows my upgraded CPU and both Ram slots are filled and working. They love each other. I can see space available in task Manager, 3.8 GB in use - 11.8 GB available out of 16GB.

But when I go to the Start/Settings/Storge, my computer tells me, with a big RED line, I have no memory left on my C Drive.  What is going on? Is it as simple as just moving files from the C Drive and balancing it with my D Drive?  I was told all you have to do with this type of upgrade is install the Ram & CPU and you are off and running. Cool. Not so fast...

So, there you are. My issue. How do I get my Setting/Storage to correct itself, to show the correct amount of memory that I really have? If you can help me, I'll send you $1,000,000 in Monopoly money. lol.

FYI: These are the things I have done to correct this issue. I have reinstalled Windows 10 - I've moved both the 8GB Ram cards around - I've performed different things in the Task Manager that Microsoft suggested. Because I don't know what this issue is called... I didn't know what question to ask.

Last question, if my computer seems to work fine, do I need to worry about this issue? I mean will it always show a red line, but not be a problem? or am I heading for a problem? Help. Thanks.

TD Riggs

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TDRiggs 

Sounds like you are mixing up MEMORY (RAM) and STORAGE (disk drives). The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05931235

It has

• 128 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 Solid State  (C:)
  • 1 TB SATA HDD                                              (D:)

You can move all user files/data from C: (such as documents, photos, videos .... to 😧 an then set default location. From now on all your files/data will go directly to new locations on D:. The following article shows you how

https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-change-save-location/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.