Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-dh1004nu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried to charge my laptop with my 18watt phone charger trought the non power delivery suppored ththunderbolt 3. Should i be worried? Did that damage my laptop?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@NIKI_THEBOSS 

@NIKI_THEBOSS wrote:

I tried to charge my laptop with my 18watt phone charger trought the non power delivery suppored ththunderbolt 3. Should i be worried? Did that damage my laptop?

@NIKI_THEBOSS 

Your machine required a 200 W Smart AC power adapter and you want to charge it with 18W charger. No, that is not going to work.

Just FYI.

Last week, I tested on my HP Omen 15 using a 65W charger from a dock. The Dock can charge my HP Elitebook 840 G5 (I'm using it on this machine right now), my Dell 13-7xxx but it can't charge my HP Omen, very slow when idle.

All machines use Thunderbolt™ 3 connection.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

OK, I understand that my laptop can not charge trought thunderbolt 3 but I tried to and did my attempt harm my machine components or something?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.