Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

hello, I got this the problem, it is a microphone. I tried you solution and I was stuck in the method as I mention in the previous comment. brand name is alienware aurora R7, window 10 64bit

aa.png

HP Recommended

You can try updating the driver or uninstalling the device from the 'Device Manager' thereafter - reboot your PC. Ensure you have no malware or trojan/PUPS as this can play up with your devices - Malwarebytes is very good for this cleanup.

Peter James
HP Recommended

I have uninstalled the hid touch driver, updated it, and anything else I can think of. I have tried all the solutions that are listed in this forum. Some of them work for a while but then the HID touch driver stops, again. I have Malwarebytes, CCleaner as well as Avast. As I said earlier, once Microsoft installed KB 4100347, my touch problems started.

HP Recommended

Remove KB 4100347 using a reputable tool, the microsoft wushowhide tool Here it will block its attempts to reinstall.

Then flag it up with Microsoft technical dept. They should release a new file to replace KB 4100347 as it shows unusual characteristics and has blocked other users from rebooting their PC.

Your problem should then be resolved.

Peter James
HP Recommended

I remove KB4100347 every time it installs. I have used the wusowhide tool to block it but that particular update doesn't stay blocked. I have also contacted Microsoft support about this. I realize that there are probably thousands of other users who have the same problem I have. The up-date KB4346783 is supposed to fix the problems created by KB4100347, but it will NOT download onto my pc.  Next time that KB4100347 installs (and it will, because it has already bypassed the blocker tool about ten times), I will try to use the Revo Uninstaller tool. Perhaps that will alleviate some of the problems I am having from that nasty piece of work that KB4100347 seems to be.  I will contact Microsoft again. Perhaps they have another new file to rpelace KB4100347, one that will download to my PC.

HP Recommended

Wushowhide has always worked for me. Go to the virtual agent of the 'Get Help' app and they will take over your PC via remote access and hopefully resolve this issue. So far as I'm aware, Microsoft issued a revised update for KB4100347: Intel microcode updates Here

Peter James
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.