Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-BA013CL W2M87UA#ABA

I am trying to help my daughter; her laptop will not stay on.  Sharing important info below:

•  Laptop will not turn on UNLESS the battery is inserted (even when plugged in).

•   But since it would not turn on when plugged it (when battery was not inserted), she thought the power adapter was bad and purchased a new one.

•   But at first she thought the battery was bad so she purchased another battery.

•  When plugged in the battery will charge FULLY.

•  But even though it's plugged in, and fully charged, after turning on it immediately begins losing charge.

•  When turned on. . . after about ONE minute, while everything is still loading, it shuts down.  Occasionally it lasts a little longer before shutting down.  But the last several times, it literally stays on for only about one minute.

•  I've removed the back and cleaned the fan.

• The only thing plugged in to the laptop is a mouse but even without the mouse it does the same.

I need to get it running so I can at least save her files.  She's okay with restoring it to default settings as long as she doesn't lose her files, but obviously it won't stay on for me to accomplish that. 

Help please.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.