Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook - 17t-n000 CTO (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Z5000 wireless optical mouse doesn't track on 3M MW85B optical pad. Right and left buttons and center wheel work okay. Mouse tracks fine on cheap picture mouse pad. The only other problem with the mouse is it occasionally stalls; simply taking the battery out and putting it back fixes it. The driver was updated way back when the stalling was more frequent.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @GuidoSarducci,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

There are a few things you can try if your HP Z5000 wireless mouse is not working on a 3M MW85B optical pad.

• Check the batteries in the mouse: Make sure the batteries in the mouse are fresh and installed correctly. Low batteries can cause connection issues.
  • Ensure the mouse is paired: Check to make sure the mouse is properly paired with your computer. Follow the pairing instructions in the user manual.
  • Try a different surface: Optical mice can sometimes have difficulty tracking on certain surfaces. Try using the mouse on a different surface, such as a plain white piece of paper or a mouse pad made specifically for optical mice.
  • Clean the optical pad: The optical pad may have dirt, dust or debris on it that is interfering with the mouse's tracking. Clean the optical pad with a soft, lint-free cloth.
  • Update drivers: Make sure the drivers for your mouse are up-to-date. Check the manufacturer's website for any available updates.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.