Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a 

HP Pavilion Laptop 14-dv2xxx

I am looking to install a second drive inside and have 2 questions -

1) What are my options? Any technology will do as long as the bay is standard for this laptop.
2) Having bought this laptop only 2 weeks ago, who can I ask to put a new drive in and not invalidate my warranty?

thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP only has the maintenance and service guide for the previous model series on your notebook's support page.

HP Pavilion 14 Laptop PC 14-dv2000 Manuals | HP® Customer Support

According to chapter 1 of the manual there is only one M.2 slot that supports NVMe SSD's so you cannot add a second drive.

Your only option would be to replace the existing drive with one having a greater storage capacity.

Regarding the warranty...

This is a peer to peer forum. 

We do not work for or represent HP, so we are unable to reply on HP's behalf regarding the warranty terms and conditions.

I recommend you contact HP customer service and seek a definite answer from HP.

Contact HP. How may we help you? | HP® United Kingdom

Chapter 5 of the service manual indicates that any work done inside the notebook should be performed by an authorized HP service center.

Most folks do the upgrades themselves anyway.

Whether or not you want to do that is up to you.

Do note however, that if your notebook ever needs warranty work, you must return the notebook to its original hardware configuration before sending it in for service.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP only has the maintenance and service guide for the previous model series on your notebook's support page.

HP Pavilion 14 Laptop PC 14-dv2000 Manuals | HP® Customer Support

According to chapter 1 of the manual there is only one M.2 slot that supports NVMe SSD's so you cannot add a second drive.

Your only option would be to replace the existing drive with one having a greater storage capacity.

Regarding the warranty...

This is a peer to peer forum. 

We do not work for or represent HP, so we are unable to reply on HP's behalf regarding the warranty terms and conditions.

I recommend you contact HP customer service and seek a definite answer from HP.

Contact HP. How may we help you? | HP® United Kingdom

Chapter 5 of the service manual indicates that any work done inside the notebook should be performed by an authorized HP service center.

Most folks do the upgrades themselves anyway.

Whether or not you want to do that is up to you.

Do note however, that if your notebook ever needs warranty work, you must return the notebook to its original hardware configuration before sending it in for service.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul. That's very helpful. 👍

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.