Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

@onb wrote:

Alright, so I made a hugh leap forward yesterday thanks to @Petro_ !

Indeed I was able to boot with clover from my SSD!!!

I flowed the instructions of the link and it worked like a charm 🙂

The only difficulty I still have is, once I booted windows 10, I checked the file explorer to see if the SSD is recognised, which it only partially did. Meaning, the default "C" drive was just the pluged in USB with clover on it. The second drive was called "R" drive, which was only the Windows 10 boot partition of the new SSD in my laptop ( size = about in the order of 1GB). The remaining 3 other partitions on my disk where invisible. Still with my USB device being to small to support the whole OS installed, this means that it was actually running from the SSD.

I extracted the SSD once more after that and ran it in my external drive, checking with AOMEI Parition Assistant, what is on it. Therefore I can say all 4 Windows partitions have been created and are populated with the proper data.

I guess getting as far as booting windows from the SSD means it really is able to run just fine in this HP laptop, only that the default BIOS/ UEFI is incapable of handling the disk without clover. The rest of the way will now be some tinkering to recognise the full SSD as internal and all will be good. I will give it some more time to try out this last stap tonight.

@Petro_ , you are a genius, thanks a lot!

Testing answering x3.

EDIT; It seems to work now, I answered 2 times before but didn't get through...

Short answer this time, thank you for your warm words but there's nothing genious about me... The SSD on our computers is based on the PCIe x4 and NVMe is working through the same channel, you proved it on this forum, thank you dearly my friend.

If HP was willing they would implant it in our BIOS but talking to the support here in Sweden today (finally) that will not happen. They consider what's already built and sold "gone" and if i, you, anybody want a specific hardware we have to buy or rebuy it with that configuration.

On my mark that NVMe is proven possible on their hardware the support guy (not telling his name here) said that I can forget that HP does ANY effort to upgrade their software to modern standards...

So, there it is, the final nail in the coffin...

But don't anyone dare to tell me it is not possible, everything is possible as long as the hardware is there and we want it to. That is proven and confirmed.

To HP, educate your "experts" to a more advanced level, as a hardware enthusiast it's embarrassing to see them compete on who's going to link to a manual.pdf first for the "kudos"... 

Good bye HP.

No need for thumbs up or other farcical deeds.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.