Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-d0000 (2V8V2AV)

Hello, i just bought sata 3 m2 disk (goodram 240gb), and it doesnt show up in bios or disk management,what can i do?
it is at the second slot, and i wanna use it like second drive

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Chapter 1 of the service manual indicates that only NVMe M.2 SSD's are supported, not SATA.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

That would be the reason your M.2 SATA SSD isn't showing up anywhere.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Chapter 1 of the service manual indicates that only NVMe M.2 SSD's are supported, not SATA.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

That would be the reason your M.2 SATA SSD isn't showing up anywhere.

HP Recommended

okay, so if ill buy patriot nvme, it'll work?

HP Recommended

It should work fine.

I'm not sure about the PCIe generation of the second slot though.

It may not be 4.0 like the primary slot is.  Could be only Gen 3.0.

Chapter 5, page 32 of the manual just indicates that the primary M.2 SSD is located on the right side of the PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.