Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-wf0000 (755F7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Specific product: wf-0055tx
Q1. What is the maximum ram supported?

( I have tried wmic with and without get devices, both showing wrong information)
Q2. How many ssd slots are there?
None of the answers are available on product site or product specification or product user guide.

1 or 2 sites reported there are 2 m.2 slots where as others reported it has only 1

Just someone interested in computers, error, bugs,etc.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Memory:  Chapter 1 of the service manual indicates that 2 x 16 GB of DDR5 memory is supported.

pdf_7768944_en-US-1.pdf (hp.com)

The Crucial memory report for the model series indicates that 2 x 32 GB of memory is supported:

HP - Compaq HP OMEN 16-wf0000 | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

SSD info:  We have found out that the models with the Intel HX processors such as the 16-wf0055TX have support for two M.2 NVMe SSD's and the 16-wf0xxx notebooks with the Intel H processors only have support for one M.2 NVMe SSD.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Memory:  Chapter 1 of the service manual indicates that 2 x 16 GB of DDR5 memory is supported.

pdf_7768944_en-US-1.pdf (hp.com)

The Crucial memory report for the model series indicates that 2 x 32 GB of memory is supported:

HP - Compaq HP OMEN 16-wf0000 | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

SSD info:  We have found out that the models with the Intel HX processors such as the 16-wf0055TX have support for two M.2 NVMe SSD's and the 16-wf0xxx notebooks with the Intel H processors only have support for one M.2 NVMe SSD.

HP Recommended

Hi!

As Paul_Tikkanen EXPERT Level 22 mentioned above, your system DOES have a secondary storage slot and will work fine with 64GB of DDR5 RAM. Not only is it stated on the Crucial site, but these systems are sold online with this config, meaning already upgraded to 64GBs as seen here:    Amazon1    Amazon2

However, this does not necessarily mean that 64GB is the actual limit. HP's official guidelines on this matter are that 2x16GB is the limit, and often populate the wmic (SMBIOS) fields with this arbitrary data, so this doesn't shed any light on the subject. I've already seen some posts on other forums from users that claim they've tried the new 48GB Crucial modules on 2023 Omens and they work. Obviously this can't be confirmed, but I think that it's possible that this is real.....

Paul, I'm pretty sure that ALL the 16-wf0000 laptops have 2 storage slots since according to HP specs they ALL have the Intel-HX CPUs.

HP Recommended

Hi, @TzortzisG 

Thanks for the info.

When you look at chapter 1 of the manual it indicates that the last 4 processors are 'H' Processors, so the manual must cover both models in the link you posted...the wf and wd.

HP Recommended

This is true!    👍

HP Recommended

Hi, @TzortzisG 

wmic was showing 8gb max without get device, and 16gb with get device. So, I was confused as it is very rare for a laptop of this generation with this type of processor to be limited to 16gb max ram. An youtube review (by jarrod) of the similar specced hp transcend omen had only 1 ssd slot so i was confused about that as well.
Thanks for the reply, it helped a lot.

Just someone interested in computers, error, bugs,etc.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.