Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion ZE4900
Microsoft Windows XP

Can anyone recommend a Mini PCI 802.11n wireless LAN board to replace the 802.11b/g board that came with my HP Pavilion ze4900.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is a very old machine which is VERY, VERY hard to upgrade wireless card. It only supports the following list (depending on country too):

ze.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is a very old machine which is VERY, VERY hard to upgrade wireless card. It only supports the following list (depending on country too):

ze.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I am currently using a TP-LINK Model TL-WN725N 802.11n wireless USB Adapter. It works very well using an 802.11n driver native to Windows XP SP3 (I didn't know it existed). The problem is it uses one of only 2 USB ports on the computer. The other one is used by my wireless mouse. I want to free up the USB port. I have a StarTech 2 USB2 Port CardBus Card that works very well to add 2 USB2 port to the PCMCIA slot. But it is awkward when transporting the computer. I want to reserve its use to only when I am home. TheZE4900 may be old but it is as good as new and I use it to run old Windows XP only software.

HP Recommended

Does the HP ze4900 BIOS have a "white list" of allowable wifi boards that will prevent me from using any other wifi boards?

How do I get the newest BIOS for the HP ze4900 without a wifi "white list?

I do not want to throw this computer away. It can still be of value to me.

Do you think the TP-LINK TL-WN861N Wireless N300 Mini PCI Adapter will fit and work in the HP ze4900?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.