Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15-ds1063cl

Hello,

I had a Dell WD22TB4 dock completly burn out my USB C port on my HP ENVY X360 15-ds1063cl after 2 days of working flawlessly. Everything still functions (minus the port) but since the port is part of the motherboard, I need to replace it. I bought the laptop refurbished from Micro Center a couple years ago. I guess they put a new board in because it doesn't match the part numbers listed in the service manual. The board in there now is a Ryzen 5 4500 (L86614-601).

The manual lists the replacements as follows:

AMD Ryzen7-3700U 2.3-GHz (turbo up to 4.0-GHz) processor (2400-MHz

FSB, 6-MB L2/L3 cache, quad core, 25 W cTDP) and the Windows 10 operating system

L53875-601

AMD Ryzen5-3500U 2.1-GHz (turbo up to 3.7-GHz) processor (2400-MHz

FSB, 6-MB L2/L3 cache, quad core, 25 W cTDP) and the Windows 10 operating system

L53874-601

AMD Ryzen3-3300U 2.1-GHz (turbo up to 3.5-GHz) processor (2400-MHz

FSB, 6-MB L2/L3 cache, quad core, 25 W) and the Windows 10 operating system

L53873-601

My question is, since I have to replace the board anyway, are any of these options going to be better than the one I have, or is there possibly a better option out there I can go with to really upgrade my laptop while I'm at it? I don't mind paying more for performance, and I'm kind of hoping this is a blessing in disguise with an opportunity to really spruce things up internally. 

Not sure what my options are, if any, but better CPU/GPU, higher SSD & RAM capacities (I'm maxed out now),  and ability to add another SSD would be amazing. 

Any help is very much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here's the problem with what you want to do...

HP only has the service manual for the older 15-ds0000 model series available.

All the motherboards listed in that manual are for the older models with the previous generation AMD processors and without having a manual for the 15-ds1000 model series, nobody knows all the other (better) motherboards are that you can use in your notebook.

So, your option would be to replace the motherboard with the one you have now, install one of the motherboards which have the previous generation processors or...

I did find a parts list for a different model notebook--the 15-ds1083cl, which appears to have a motherboard with a better processor than yours...

HP PartSurfer

L86615-601
MOTHERBOARD UMA Ryzen7 4700U WIN

I think trying to find the above Ryzen 7 motherboard might be your best option.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Here's the problem with what you want to do...

HP only has the service manual for the older 15-ds0000 model series available.

All the motherboards listed in that manual are for the older models with the previous generation AMD processors and without having a manual for the 15-ds1000 model series, nobody knows all the other (better) motherboards are that you can use in your notebook.

So, your option would be to replace the motherboard with the one you have now, install one of the motherboards which have the previous generation processors or...

I did find a parts list for a different model notebook--the 15-ds1083cl, which appears to have a motherboard with a better processor than yours...

HP PartSurfer

L86615-601
MOTHERBOARD UMA Ryzen7 4700U WIN

I think trying to find the above Ryzen 7 motherboard might be your best option.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much Paul! 

I found one on eBay that came out of a new 15-ds1083cl. 

Fingers crossed it works out, though, it very much looks like it will. 

Thank you again for your time and effort, it's very much appreciated!

-Richard

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Richard.

It should be a perfect match except for the model of the processor on the board.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.