Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a HP gaming laptop 17-CDX000 and I need more storage but do not know what model number ect to buy? I currently have a kbg30zmv256g kioxia. What other information can I give to help get my answer completed?

My apologies in advance for any info not provided.

Nikonboy52

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook;

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion Gaming 17 Laptop PC

If you want a larger capacity NVMe SSD, you can replace the 256 GB drive you have now with this one, which is 1 TB.

https://www.amazon.com/Technology-Intelligent-Turbowrite-MZ-V8V1T0B-AM/dp/B08V83JZH4 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook;

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion Gaming 17 Laptop PC

If you want a larger capacity NVMe SSD, you can replace the 256 GB drive you have now with this one, which is 1 TB.

https://www.amazon.com/Technology-Intelligent-Turbowrite-MZ-V8V1T0B-AM/dp/B08V83JZH4 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

I forgot to ask, I need the room so my steam games and it has to run from program files . I think I’ll have to clone my OS to the new hard drive to make that possible. What would be the best way to do that?

Nikonboy

HP Recommended

If you buy the Samsung drive I recommended, they have a cloning program built into the free Samsung Magician program that you can use the clone the drive to the new one.

Samsung Magician Software Download | Samsung Semiconductor Global

You will need to buy an additional piece of hardware since your notebook does not have two M.2 slots.

You need a USB3/USB-C to NVMe SSD enclosure to install the Samsung drive into so you can clone it.

Something like this:

Amazon.com: SSK Aluminum M.2 NVME SATA SSD Enclosure Adapter, USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) to NVME PCI-E ...

Here's a video to watch to clone a smaller capacity drive to a larger one using the Samsung Magician software:

Cloning Your OS Drive Using Samsung Magician (youtube.com)

HP Recommended

Tyvm. I’m all set!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.