Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 (15-bl012dx)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Spectre X360 Laptop charging port burnt and smoked and nearly caught fire awhile back. HP Support fixed it and replaced the motherboard despite it being just barely out of warranty. The repair worked for awhile,  but despite minimal use, Now the computer is completely dead, not turning on, and even the charging status indicator next to the ports does not light up, which tells me it's not a power button or battery issue. I've checked everything I can and am highly confident that there is an issue with the motherboard, again, which seems to be an extremely, extremely common "death" on this series of laptops based on previous forum posts. AC/USB C charging adapter works properly (and port is clean and charger fits properly) and tried other third-party appropriately-powered chargers and nothing. HP Support won't let me contact anyone because it's out of Warranty. They don't sell the motherboard on their parts page and all the ones I can find online on ebay/etc are "for parts/not working" or outrageously overpriced and still used from an old laptop. It's obvious these laptop motherboards have a defect with as often as they randomly die with minimal use or even burn up in the hundreds of other posts about the issue. Really fed up with HP, nothing but (known) issues with their laptops, and the inability to even contact someone in support is apalling. Thanks for the $1,800 paperweight, again.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

In this situation I am assuming you have looked at all the sources I would use to find a motherboard. Sometimes you just cannot find one for a price that makes any sense. There are high tech shops that will rework a motherboard for under $200. I have had this done on a few friends and family laptops and it works well. The service is free if they cannot fix it. This is just an example I have no interest in this shop:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/230708316242?hash=item35b7498852:g:pMMAAOxyHslQ8Zg0

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.