Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fa0000 (680A7AV)

Trying to upgrade the SSD, 512G to 2 TB cloned the original.  Installed the new 2 TB, computer stopped charging and the battery died. I'm currently deployed so running up to best buy or shipping it back to the states is not possible. Bought a new AC Adapter, no change. Bought a new battery, no change. I was checking in the BIOS and made sure the driver was updated when i got the new battery. I have found someone on base that has the same computer he is going to let me charge my battery. Is there anything that I can do once the laptop is up?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

If all worked before you upgraded, it is likely that you may have not completely connected a connector.

It is certainly worth a look.

You may have inadvertently disturbed something when you had the laptop open. 

Does the laptop not charge when the power adapter is plugged in and turned off?

Does the laptop boot to Windows login with the power adapter connected?

If it does. I suggest installing  HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows v2.5.0.0,  so you can test the components of your laptop while logged into Windows.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/help/hp-pc-hardware-diagnostics

Click on the + below Diagnose PC hardware in Windows

Download and install the utility. Run the battery check and the system check

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I have looked over all of the connections nothing disconnected. It does not charge at all. It will boot to the windows login screen when the battery has a charge. I ran the AC Adapter test UCWFPQ-BKQC2L-MFPWW1-C1D003. 

HP Recommended

The System SKU/Product ID will enable us to determine the hardware configuration of your notebook.

You can use the Diagnostic check translation utility to find out what the code means. Without a valid product number/SKU, I can't do that.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact/diag

Did you try your buddy's power adapter to see if your laptop will charge with it?

If it does, your own power adapter has failed.

Replace your power adapter with a new one.

An alternative is to find an Electronics technician and  ask if they can repair it for you.

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Component tested:Power adapter check
IMPORTANT:The test found a problem with the AC adapter and it may need to be replaced. Check the connections on the AC adapter and be sure it is connected to a grounded outlet.

I bought a new ac adapter and battery. Checked all connections, I ordered a new ac port to see if that will fix it. I fix medical equipment for the military, I have tested both of the 
HP Recommended

I am currently deployed to Jordan; they will not allow me to ship the laptop home due to customs and sending lithium battery even when it was removed. Also, I found a local shop that is an authorized repair center for HP, after speaking with the HP service team here in Jordan they will not create a service ticket. I have replaced both battery and ac adapter. Checked all the connections, is it possible that the CMOS needs to be reset? How can I do that if the batteries I have are dead? I'm very disappointed with HP, I spent all this money on a gaming laptop and given my current situation with being deployed they have no response. When I call the Service center in the states, they can't tell me what the blinking lights mean, I get no troubleshooting tips other than "windows button, B and Power" but none of that matters when I have a dead battery.

HP Recommended

I can ask a Moderator if he or she can assist you.

I have messaged the on- duty Moderation staff. Hopefully you will get a response soon.

HP Recommended

Yes please, something is better than nothing. I am trying to get the battery charged. Seeing as I am unable to do anything with a dead battery. 

HP Recommended

Can someone tell me, If i pull the battery out of the laptop. Is there a way or does someone know how to charge it? 

HP Recommended

@JimmyTracy3142 wrote:

Can someone tell me, If i pull the battery out of the laptop. Is there a way or does someone know how to charge it? 

Are you a US Military member? If you are, I can try to get some assistance for you.

Contact an HP Service Center in Jordan.

HP Service Center Locator - Middle East

https://support.hp.com/emea_middle_east-en/help/service-center

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.