Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-F272WM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, I'm working on fixing an 15-F272WM laptop for my father, I've upgraded the ram to 8gb and changed over to an SSD drive. But I've noticed that the DVD drive is getting kind of weak now, and I know the Part number is 779456-001 for the original drive but I was curious if the drive with part number 858505-001 would fit in place of it?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The DVD drive with part number 858505-001 would most likely not fit according to the list of notebooks that part is used in.

HP PartSurfer

None of those notebooks in the above list look like the 15-fXXX model series and they are newer model notebooks.

There are plenty of DVD drives with the part number you need for sale on eBay:

779456-001 for sale | eBay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.