Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Let me add myself to the list of users who would benefit greatly by having the DRM removed from my Spectre X2's charging.  

This is a very capable device hampered by a very limited charging option.  

HP Recommended

I have updated the original post with an update - FYI.

HP Recommended

Please update on the status of BIOS update to allow USB Type-C adapter like Spectre 13.3

HP Recommended

What happened to the contact links in the updated first post? Were they removed for some reason?

I was interested in contacting them and joining the chorus of users asking for this much needed update.

HP Recommended

I recently had difficulties connecting my Spectre 13 laptop (Kaby Lake) with a USB-2 keyboard dongle and printer using my third-party USB-C hub, so I went ahead and purchased the HP USB-C Dock Station (Product #Y0K80AA#ABA).  It works!  It both charges my laptop over USB-C and it solves all the connectivity problems I had with the USB keyboard dongle and printer.  I should've just purchased the (more expensive) HP hub for my HP laptop to begin with.

HP Recommended
Shame on you Hp. I bought my first laptop in 2008 and it was hp. Such a beautiful machine with no problems at all. It's still working fine, unbelievable. But now I don't know why but hp service is tooooo bad. I don't even believe they will provide new update.
Plus, I decide to send my laptop to repair because of the speakers - I can barely hear it. It was a month ago!!!! And I didn't still get it back. Insane
What is going on Hp team? Is it that complicated to give as an answer. yes it no. Communication is a key to successful company
HP Recommended

HP released a new BIOS update last week, Version F.33 Rev.A, for my Spectre 13 (Kaby Lake) laptop.  The only fixes listed are "Provides improved security of UEFI code."  Just for grins, I got out my old third-party USB-C dock (Plugable) to see if the laptop still complains about an unauthorized charger and refuse to charge.  Sure enough, no change and the Plugable USB-C dock still cannot charge my HP laptop.

Fortunately I've since switched to the official HP USB-C dock which works great and does successfully charge over the single USB-C cable (see my earlier post).

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info Mikey - So, just for clarification, you can power the Spectre like so:

Third Party USB C Charger -> Dock -> Spectre

?

HP Recommended

No, I'm saying this still does not work, even with the recently-announced BIOS update:

Third Party USB-C Dock -> USB-C cable -> Spectre 13

What does work is:

HP USB-C Dock -> USB-C Cable -> Spectre 13

HP Recommended

No, I'm saying this still does not work, even with the recently-announced BIOS update:

Third Party USB-C Dock -> USB-C cable -> Spectre 13

What does work is:

HP USB-C Dock -> USB-C Cable -> Spectre 13

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.