Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion — 16-a0005ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. the laptop constantly beeps (emits an electrical sound) in the keyboard area on the right. What could it be and how to solve the problem?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@maxisdude, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums. 

It'll be an honor to guide you through the steps needed to identify your concern and/or address your query  

It could be a stuck key on your keyboard that's causing the beeps and the brightness to go low on its own, I recommend you connect an external keyboard (disable the internal keyboard using the device manager) and check if the issue persists... if it does and you are able to boot into windows, you could start with reinstalling the video card driver, using the below steps:

• Right-Click on the Windows button, select device manager (after connecting the external keyboard),
  • look for keyboards on the list, right-click on Standard keyboard or PS/2 keyboard, and select disable the device.
  • Then, check if the external keyboard works fine.

if the issue persists, only on the internal keyboard, when you restart the device with the external keyboard connected, you could be looking at a possible hardware malfunction, please check my private message for further instructions:

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it 

(The reason we are utilizing the private message now, is because the instructions are critical).

Let me know how that pans out

I will have a colleague follow-up on this to ensure it's taken care off,

as I need to know if the issue has been resolved, to get proper sleep at night.

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge, and have a great day Ahead!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.