Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 8470P
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi guys, I'm in desperate need of help here. I have an old Elitebook 8470P and i was playing around with dual booting Windows 11 and Ubuntu. I decided to ditch Windows completely for Ubuntu and did a fresh clean install wiping the HDD. I found that after the install, i couldn't boot the laptop, getting an E30 error. Now, i'll cut this a little bit short, i tried for a few hours messing with the bios options and reinstalling Ubuntu a few times but in the end i decided to reset the bios to the default settings, and here is where my real problem started.

Ever since i reset the bios settings, my usb mice don't work at all. I have since reinstalled Windows 11 and the OS  detects that a HID mouse is connected when i plug the usb receiver into the laptop but it simply won't move  the cursor at all. I have 2 mice and it's the same issue with both of them. I believe this is a bios issue because it won't move the cursor in the bios either whereas it used to beforehand.

PLEASE help me sort this out as i'm pulling my hair out trying to sort it out. There is absolutely no way i can continue using this laptop without a mouse.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.