Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 17-bw0011nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I used to have a web page for my ENVY which had links on it by which I could get updates from HP.  It showed all kinds of detailed information.  I guess I lost the link because now I can only find a HP page that I registered my laptop on, but it does not show any of the detailed information that the previous link did.  Anybody know how to get back to that page, or does HP no longer offer it?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That would be the HP Support Assistant

You can find it at the HP web document in the hyperlink below this line

https://support.hp.com/us-en/help/hp-support-assistant

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@mtrot 

I don't know which one you are looking for. There are some web sites for your machine

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks.  No, it was a personal HP web page which displayed all my devices, both my first ENVY laptop, which HP replaced, and the replacement ENVY laptop, as well as my printers.  And, on this page, there were links you could click on to check for updates from HP for the laptop.  This page also showed the dates of my warranty, as well as the information on my Care Pak that I purchased.   I now cannot find this page at all.

HP Recommended

That would be the HP Support Assistant

You can find it at the HP web document in the hyperlink below this line

https://support.hp.com/us-en/help/hp-support-assistant

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks again, but that is not it.  It was an HP web page.

HP Recommended

I believe that you may be mistaken.

I own numerous HP products and on my laptop in specific , the HP Support Assistant shows all of my HP products and their warranty status. It also has links to updates, drivers and product manuals.

Try installing the HP Support Assistant 9 from the download available at the web document I provided in my previous post.

HP Recommended

Okay, my bad, it looks like you're right.  I guess I used to see my information on that app.  I looked at it a few minutes ago and it showed both my first ENVY laptop and my replacement ENVY laptop(which I had labeled, "My replacement laptop".  But somehow, the app updated and now it only shows my current laptop, not the one that was replaced, which somehow dropped off.  It also dropped off my printers, but I was able to add back the one I currently use.

HP Recommended

Yes. No worries! As long as it is sorted.

Don't forget to mark my post as the accepted solution.

HP Recommended

Well, I didn't mark it as an accepted solution, but whatever...  I still don't see the first laptop that I had.

HP Recommended

If you remove a notebook or other HP product on any of your PCs that have HP Support Assistant, that has the effect of

removing it from another instance of HP Support Assistant on another device.

If you are still actively using the "first" laptop and have HP Support Assistant installed on it you will see it on another of your HP PC products with HP Support Assistant installed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.