Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-da1083nt

I want to upgrade my wireless card to a card that has wifi 5. Which cards does my pc support? I only know that it needs to be PCIe.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@tunamert 

You can use the following cards for your machine

• Intel Dual band wireless-AC 3168 802.11AC 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (non-vPro) part # 863934-855
  • Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11 ac 2×2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) part # 924813-855
  • Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) part # L17365-005
  • Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11 bgn 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter part # L21480-005 (your machine now)

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Screenshot_20230605-210527_1.png

 I ordered this one but it has two entry. My current card has only one and also there is one cable. Is not there something wrong?

HP Recommended

@tunamert 

Sorry, I did not say your machine only has 1 antenna. You need a card with 1 antenna (1x1 cards).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, @tunamert 

If you want Bluetooth like you have now, your only option is the RTL8821CE unless you want to take the whole notebook apart including the display panel to properly run the second Wi-Fi antenna wire, so the Bluetooth works in the Intel 3168 AC 1x1 card.

Both have the same max throughput specs of 433 MBPS.

HP Recommended

So the one I purchased, on the previous screenshot, will work on my machine, is that correct? I am asking to be sure because it has two cable entrance. It might be unrelated. I do not know why is there two and what are their purposes. Only thing I know is my current card has only one.

HP Recommended

I don't know of any RTL8821CE that came with two antenna terminals.

They all look like this one...

L17365-005 RTL8821CE HP WIRELESS BLUETOOTH CARD 14-DK 14-DK0028WM (CB73) | eBay

So, if you ordered a RTL8821CE, most likely the stock picture you posted is really for a different model Wi-Fi card, and the card should only one one terminal to connect the antenna wire to.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.