Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-eg0165st

Laptop serial # [Personal Information Removed] model # 15-eg0165st will not power on. power led flashes about every 5 sec, led by power plug on. tried without external power same, removing battery same, hard rest same, holding windows key + B then power button same. any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @Rich346,

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

I see that you are facing issues with your laptop.

To understand the issue and help you, please get back to me with the details listed below:

- Exact model number of your HP Product (if you need help, click here for information on how to find your model number model).

Note: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Model # 15-eg0165st

HP Recommended

Hi @Rich346,

Thank you for writing back.

Product name: Identify your notebook in a series your product belongs. For example, HP Spectre Folio - 13-ak0001na. You might need more specific information to find support for your product.

Please help me with the complete model name.

Note: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

I hope this helps.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Model 15-eg0165st , Product  ID 4Z506VA , Product # 9WF73AV

HP Recommended

Hi @Rich346 

Thank you for confirming.

Please try to power on the device in a different power source and directly to power source.
Kindly confirm if it does not power on at all.

If it does, please check if you can enter BIOS page
1) Shutdown the computer. 

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 

3) Press F2 once.

Let me know so that I can assist you further.

Treeko
HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It does not power on at all

HP Recommended

Hi @Rich346 

Thank you for confirming.

Please contact HP Service Center in your location from this weblink: https://support.hp.com/us-en/help/service-center 

Note: Select your country from the dropdown, enter the city or postal code, select the product, change the radius, and click on search to locate the nearest HP Service center near your location.

I hope this helps.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your replies. I've been through this route and without any trouble shooting said the motherboard needs replacement and quoted me a very high price(more then what I paid for the laptop) to fix it. The laptop at that point was only two weeks out of warrenty and I thought they would have a little give in there terms but no luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.