Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elite x2 1012 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

A fews days ago I have updated my BIOS to version 1.51 and also made some updates to Windows 10 (included uprading to 20H2).  I remember that one of the update was to have better battery performance. Since then, I noticed that my battery charges only up to 79% (previously it worked fine)... 🙂 I ran the HP utilitary and this is what I got:

Capture d’écran 2020-11-21 154238.png

We can read that the maximal charge capacity is only 82%, which sounds weird since as I said previously (that is, a few days ago) all was fine. Do I just have to wait for another update for the problem being fixed, or does the issue comes from my battery? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

probably with new BIOS you have the new setting to save battery health.

check this document : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06465959

if you want to charge battery at  100% but you may have battery swelling issue.

bye

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello

probably with new BIOS you have the new setting to save battery health.

check this document : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06465959

if you want to charge battery at  100% but you may have battery swelling issue.

bye

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your answer! The setting was on “maximize my battery health” and I changed it to "let HP manage my battery charging”. I believe this is the recommanded setting? By the way, I also unchecked the box “Wake on USB” (the light of my optic mouse was constantly on when the computer was off).

HP Recommended

Hello

HP default setting is "let HP manage my battery charging”.

my notebook is 100% connected to power outlet , I preferred to set “maximize my battery health”.

I just disconnet the power cable during the night to save also the little power consumed even the PC is off.

Even more inportant I disconnec the power cable from the external power supply of my 4K monitor.

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.