Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 11
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I got 2 HP Stream  11's second hand for my boy's to do virtual learning because I had no choice for brand new or to send them to school.  The 1 that's freezing and turning black with white kinda ant screen gives a 2.2 a few times maybe 3 and I just noticed while trying to do a button bios recovery  it threw another white caps lock blink in  with the original 2 short 2 long 3 or 4 times pattern.  I made a recovery USB from my sons other exact same HP and it didn't work when I changed the bios boot to usb. I attempted the recovery before the bios key combination. This started after the update and I can't get my other computer to fix the memory problem and  I have one drive and a sd card on it!!! I have to get this handled asap. I need the fastest solve for the issues

15974779440326873270707154306055.jpg

short of buying another computer.  I'm a single mom with cancer and I don't have any way to get another one. Please help us!.

Kelly J Anderson
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@KELLY385 

I wish I had good news for you -- but I think it's more important to be realistic.

Buying a used laptop is nearly always a BAD decision -- as you would be shocked and disgusted to learn what folks do to their laptops and then LIE about that when they sell them.  The fact that these even work at ALL is a major miracle!!

These smaller lightweights are often sealed shut (unlike the older ones that come apart with screws) because there is nothing inside that is not glued or soldered in place, and as a result, there is nothing that can be replaced without a lot of cost and work.

If the memory is failing, which is what you are implying, your best recourse at this point would be to take the failing laptop to a local service center and have them give you estimates of how much they want to (1) diagnose the issue and (2) replace the memory (if that is the issue).

Sorry, I wish I had better news or there was something we could do from here -- but there is not.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KELLY385 

I wish I had good news for you -- but I think it's more important to be realistic.

Buying a used laptop is nearly always a BAD decision -- as you would be shocked and disgusted to learn what folks do to their laptops and then LIE about that when they sell them.  The fact that these even work at ALL is a major miracle!!

These smaller lightweights are often sealed shut (unlike the older ones that come apart with screws) because there is nothing inside that is not glued or soldered in place, and as a result, there is nothing that can be replaced without a lot of cost and work.

If the memory is failing, which is what you are implying, your best recourse at this point would be to take the failing laptop to a local service center and have them give you estimates of how much they want to (1) diagnose the issue and (2) replace the memory (if that is the issue).

Sorry, I wish I had better news or there was something we could do from here -- but there is not.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.