Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 14

Hello, I was wondering whether anyone could possibly give me some insight into what I could do regarding my laptop before I call HP tomorrow.

I do desperately need my laptop for university work so I’m trying to get this resolved as soon as possible

basically on Saturday I opened my laptop to a installing update loop with kept showing that text and turning off, in a loop. I done a revert to the previous update which managed to fixed that issue, but created other issues. This issue happens on windows 11

firstly, I get prompt to type in my bitlocker recovery key every time I shutdown or restart my laptop. Which is no problem because I have the key and I’m able to access my laptop. 

however, the issue persist when I try to log into windows itself, it says “something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.” Which doesn’t do anything. 

I’ve tried multiple different methods that I found online which none of them have worked, even fresh install is not working giving me errors 

If someone could guide me the right way towards fixing this issue I would be thankful.

Thank You

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Simon123451,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Please find the document HP PCs - Upgrading to Windows 11 using Windows Update link

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.