Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 4540s Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello.

I have an HP 4540s i5 3210M running Windows 11 with 12GB RAM.

From my research, it's supposed have an AMD 7650M GPU biut I cannot find mine. It only has the Intel HD Graphics 4000 and no AMD 7650M GPU. I have checked the device manager, tried hidden drivers and checked the bios which is the 2019 version, F.68 but there's nothing.

What could be wrong? Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Did you install it in compatibility mode?

If that doesn't work, it may mean that in Windows 10 the hybrid graphics are non functional. 

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

When you are logged into Windows, right click an empty place on the desktop and select the AMD graphics solution.

A discrete graphics solution of a hybrid graphics HP laptop will not be visible in the Device Manager, unless it has been selected or is in use.

You did not provide the Product number of your laptop. That always helps show the hardware configuration of your HP product. It helps make things more transparent.

Method #1: If the notebook will boot into Windows, you can retrieve your Product Number by pressing Fn + Esc key.

Method #2: Press the power button and immediately tap the F10 key to invoke the BIOS. In the Main section, you will find the Product number or Product ID. Post that in your next reply in your thread.

Method #3: Press the power button and immediately tap the F2 key.

Method #4: If powering on is not an option, take a look at the bottom of the laptop for the label with the product name and product number. For a desktop look at the rear for the label.

If your laptop has HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI version 10.3.0.0, there is a System Information section that also has the Product ID.
We need that information, along with the installed Operating System information to help you.

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
When I right click, there's no AMD option. Product Number (ID) - CBJ19PA#ABJ (Probook 4540s ENERGY STAR)
HP Recommended

Is CBJ19PA#ABJ from the system information dialogue list?

I am unable to find any information on CBJ19PA#ABJ in the  PartSurfer, product content browser oor using a Google search.

In the list it should say System SKU not Product (ID)

If you right click and there is no AMD graphics solution option, it generally means there isn't one installed.

Where did you get the information that it had a AMD graphics solution installed from? 

You wrote "From my research, it's supposed have an AMD 7650M GPU biut I cannot find mine.".

What research?

I am quite adept at finding information about HP products and I am coming up with  nothing on yours.

The specifications document published by HP for the HP ProBook 4540s does not list any AMD discrete graphics as being an installed option.

The Maintenance & Service guide shows it as an option. That is interesting in that the display is not 2.5k or 4K high resolution. The 4540s notebook has an HD  display with 1366x768 resolution in all of its forms. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03349886

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

No apologies needed. Anyone can make a typographical error.

I see what the issue is.

The laptop was delivered probably with Windows 8 or 8.1.

HP provided the special AMD driver software that makes the hybrid use of the AMD graphics a reality. They did not provide it in the Windows 10 driver offerings.

You might try the Windows 8.1 AMD Video Driver and Control panel since you have Windows 10 installed.

Install it in compatibility mode. The driver software is at the hyperlink below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/swdetails/hp-probook-4540s-notebook-pc/model/5229459/swItemId/o...

How to install drivers in compatibility mode

"

To make sure Windows 10 uses compatibility mode on the execution of a program:
  1. Right click on the installer.
  2. Select Troubleshoot compatibility.
  3. Select Try recommended settings.
  4. A compatibility mode will be set based on the executable's software needs. An older version of Windows should be selected by the troubleshooter."

HP Recommended

I have done that and the app is installing and finishes with an error

Screenshot (449).png

HP Recommended

I believe that I provided the wrong driver, unless you have a 32-bit Windows 10 OS installed.

Try this one

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/swdetails/hp-probook-4540s-notebook-pc/model/5229459/swItemId/o...

HP Recommended

Hello, I have managed to install it but I still don't have it when I right click on the desktop

HP Recommended

Did you install it in compatibility mode?

If that doesn't work, it may mean that in Windows 10 the hybrid graphics are non functional. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.