Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-fa0025nr

I purchased this HP laptop a couple of days:  https://www.amazon.com/HP-i5-12500H-Keyboard-Enhanced-15-fa0025nr/dp/B09ZCM561G

I also ordered a larger SSD.  Thus, I am needing to download the HP Recovery Tool for the new SSD (Windows 11 Home);  but, the download is  requesting my serial number.  The laptop will be delivered later today and I would REALLY like to have the HP Recovery Tool downloaded and ready to use (as it takes a LONG time to download).  But how do I find my serial number prior to it being delivered?  Is that even possible?  I thought the serial number would be in my Amazon order.

I am going to give my current HP laptop to my daughter so I downloaded the HP Recovery Tool a couple of days ago and used it to format my current laptop and reinstall the original software, etc. (a really LONG download of the HP Recovery Tool).  I had to use the HP Recovery Tool to accomplish this because the recovery drive on my current laptop was corrupt.  Thus, I need to re-download the HP Recovery Tool on my current laptop, but obviously I need the specific tool for my NEW laptop that's arriving later today.

I have a feeling that won't be possible until my new laptop arrives though??  😒

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

All the information I can find regarding the 15-Fa0025nr indicates the product number for that specific model is 6E0L0UA#ABA.

HP Victus Gaming Laptop 15-fa0025nr - Amman Jordan - PC Circle

HP Victus 15-fa0025nr 15.6"FHD,i5-12500H,8GB,512GB SSD,RTX 3050TI 4GB,– Distritech

When I input that product number, it indicates the PC is supported by the cloud recovery tool.

So, you may want to give the product number I posted a try.

When I input the product number you posted, it also indicates the PC is supported.

Cloud Recovery (d34z73bbtpzgej.cloudfront.net)

Something is not right.

Are you sure that you are using the right version of the tool?

There is a version for HP business PC's and one for consumer PC's.

I have the cloud recovery tool installed on my Dell PC and when I input the product number you posted, the tool will let me make the recovery drive.

To remove all doubt, use the version of the tool that I zipped up and attached below.

Use the product number you found-- 644Z5UA#ABA

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need to enter the notebook's product number in the recovery tool's search window.

6E0L0UA#ABA

And this is the version of the tool you need to use...

HP Cloud Recovery Tool - Microsoft Store Apps

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, Paul.  My laptop arrived and I used your link to download the HP Recovery Tool and entered my product ID# 644Z5UA#ABA, but I received the following error.

"Either no download file can be found in the catalog, or the information from the catalog file is wrong. Please contact HP Support."

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

All the information I can find regarding the 15-Fa0025nr indicates the product number for that specific model is 6E0L0UA#ABA.

HP Victus Gaming Laptop 15-fa0025nr - Amman Jordan - PC Circle

HP Victus 15-fa0025nr 15.6"FHD,i5-12500H,8GB,512GB SSD,RTX 3050TI 4GB,– Distritech

When I input that product number, it indicates the PC is supported by the cloud recovery tool.

So, you may want to give the product number I posted a try.

When I input the product number you posted, it also indicates the PC is supported.

Cloud Recovery (d34z73bbtpzgej.cloudfront.net)

Something is not right.

Are you sure that you are using the right version of the tool?

There is a version for HP business PC's and one for consumer PC's.

I have the cloud recovery tool installed on my Dell PC and when I input the product number you posted, the tool will let me make the recovery drive.

To remove all doubt, use the version of the tool that I zipped up and attached below.

Use the product number you found-- 644Z5UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Paul, after my last reply I thought I would go ahead and register my new laptop, and now my product number is working. 

Thank you so much! 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Look at my edited reply and I can confirm the tool works with the product number you posted.

HP Recommended

Thank you again for your help, Paul.  I cannot get the USB drive to boot to use the HP Recovery Tool on the NEW SSD.  I tried pressing the ESC key like I did on my old HP laptop but the screen never changes (remains black).  I tried a couple of other keys, too.  Is there something different, specifically, I need to do with it being the HP Victus? 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know.

You should have been able to boot from the USB flash drive by turning on the PC, press/tap the ESC key to get the menu of options, select the F9 boot options menu and from that, you would select the USB flash drive with the recovery media and press the Enter key.

I usually tap the ESC key and not press and hold it.

If something has changed from any of the newer HP notebooks I have, then I don't know what the new change would be.

They all boot from ESC>F9

HP Recommended

Embarrassed here.  😲🙃  Apparently, when I installed new RAM (as I was installing the new SSD) it was not seated properly.  I re-seated the new RAM and now it's working.  WHEW (lol)!

HP Recommended

That's good news.

So, it is business as usual regarding the boot sequence.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.